- Category: SEO
- Published: Tuesday, 31 March 2015 08:17
- Written by Leanna Mckenney
- Hits: 16
Why is competitive keyword analysis important to website owners? Competitive keyword analysis is done mainly to understand your page or site’s chance to rank when you use a particular keyword. This is the stage that you need to do to know the market before you target new or popular keywords. There are two factors that affect the result of this study – the popularity of the keyword and the status of the competition in the industry.
To help you in this regard, here are some useful tips that you can apply when it comes to competitive keyword analysis:
1. If your website is already established, you can try using a new keyword, publish the content, and wait for the result in terms of ranking. You can also use the new keyword on your content without minding the ranking. You just have to make sure that each page is optimized and the titles use variations of the keyword.
2. When testing how your page will rank with the use of a new keyword, it is not necessary to use the sales-oriented kind of content. You can try to loosen up and post anything under the sun in the form of a random thought or a blog. Your goal is to locate the areas where the results are good. This will give you a good lead on what keywords to use when you ought to create the kind of content that is targeted to sell.
3. There are professionals who can help you perform competitive keyword analysis. This is recommended for starters and website owners who are not directly involved in maintaining their sites. These professionals use tools that are capable of giving detailed results based on the data that they gather during the analysis.
4. When performing the analysis, take note of the top 5 results. Check the registration date of the domains and the trusted links that these domains have.
5. There are times when you simply have to leave it all up to luck. In this case, you can look into the keyword that you want to target as something that is competitive. Go ahead and publish something using the keyword. It may rank high quickly if you are lucky. If not, you can apply more optimization techniques until you get a higher rank. When you have accomplished this goal, you can then move and use other keywords and aim for the same goal.
6. It is not always applicable to use keyword competitiveness in the content of your pages. This is only one technique to boost your site’s ranking. You must regularly look out for new strategies in order to spread your link and for the search engine bots and your target audience to easily locate the site.
7. Always analyze the statistics of your website. You have to determine the keywords that boost the traffic of the top pages of your site. You can then expand the most searched keywords and enhance your SEO strategies to generate more visitors and generate higher traffic on every page of your website.
Upon finding out about the popular and in-demand keywords, you can opt to use these in the pages of your site or refrain from utilizing such. The latter is suited for the novices in the field. If you deem that you cannot easily penetrate the stiff competition, you can settle for a less popular keyword and strategize in order to boost the ranking of your site with the use of that keyword or key phrase. At the end of it all, what matters most is the quality of the content of your website and the assurance that you can deliver the services that you have promised to your target audience.